BoAge: 92 WEEKS OLD
Bo is our youngest F1 sire and just had his first litter in 2021.
We are very excited that Bo passes on his stunning red color and small size. At only 45 lbs, Bo and his puppies are a great size for a family pet.
His PennHip score of DI 0.58 keeps him the average frame for Goldendoodles.
He is cleared for VwD, PRA, DM and Ichythosis.
- 10 FAQs and GoldendoodlesGoldendoodle Questions: (1) Do I need an appointment to visit the puppies ? Yes. Please contact us for an appointment. We are not always home so we like to know you are coming. (2) What are the prices of your puppies? There is a link on our website that explains our pricing and also what puppies are available. (3) Are there any important things I should know before bringing my puppy home ? On our website, there is a link called “Bringing Your Puppy Home”. It contains the name of the food our puppies are eating as well as other tidbits we feel new puppy owners may find helpful (4) What are the generations I hear about F1b, F2b and such? A helpful blog is on our website that explains the different generations. It can be confusing but it’s really basic math. We never really know for certain, what % of Poodle vs Golden Retriever a puppy may inherit (5) How long until I can bring my puppy home ? It is basically 4 months from conception until a puppy is ready […]
- Over VaccinationMany years ago, I read an interesting article written by a vet from NCSU that spoke at the World Organization for Animal Health about over vaccination in animals. It prompted me to continue searching for other information about autoimmune reactions to overvaccinations. We had two events where puppies we had bred were over vaccinated and then developed an autoimmune disease. This led us to include a clause in our Purchase Agreement that specifies certain vaccines be spaced apart and for multiple vaccinations not to be given at a single vet appointment. Occasionally, we will hear from an owner that their vet did not recognize the vaccine(s) that were given by us. It is understandable that a vet doesn’t want your puppy to have received a vaccine that was purchased at the local farm supply store that someone removed from the refrigerator, decided they were not going to buy it and laid it on a shelf. It lays there a couple hours when an employee spots it and puts it back in […]
- Trupanion’s New Enrollment WindowFor a 9 years we have offered 30 days free pet insurance through Trupanion. Hummingbird Hill Farm was one of the first breeders to partner with Trupanion. We have had many, many owners tell us how thankful they were that they maintained the coverage on their GD. (Doodles are known for eating ANYTHING….squeakers, socks, underwear, etc !) Now Trupanion has a new way of allowing owners to sign up as early as the time when they select their puppy. This will allow you to enroll around the puppy’s age of 6 weeks. It will be one less thing to do on the take home day as that day is usually filled with excitement and new adventures! The following is the announcement sent out by Trupanion: To celebrate 9 years of the Trupanion Breeder Support Program, we’ve been hard at work making exciting updates to your exclusive Go Home Day Offer. We’ve extended the activation window for your buyers, so they’re now able to activate their Go Home Day Offer anytime from match date until 24 […]
- Male vs. FemaleWe are often asked which is better, male or female. We posed that question to our vet and this was her response: In some of the more aggressive breeds, male vs female is a real consideration. In Goldendoodles, it is generally not a real concern. It seems to be personal preference. Many people think females are easier to house train. We have even heard people say that males will not completely empty their bladder and then come in the house and mark. Leaving a dog in tack can definitely cause marking. Neutering before the testosterone starts kicking in seems to stop the marking syndrome. From experience, we will never have an unneutered male in our house again. Currently, we have in our home a neutered male Standard Poodle, and two females. One female is a moyen Poodle and the other a Goldendoodle. All three are faithful to their people and totally in love with us. Personality seems to be the same in females and males. There is a lot of opinions on the internet but it […]
- Professional Training OptionWe are very fortunate to offer our owners access to a really wonderful trainer ! Steve Fields has been training dogs for over 40 years. He has experience in a wide range of expertise from service dogs to drug sniffing dogs. If you want to hear about Steve from our owners, go on the Facebook page, Hummingbird Doods, and just ask! If you chose for your puppy to go to the trainer, we take the puppy to him when he/she is 8 weeks old directly from our farm. Prior to leaving for the 30 days at the trainer, we take them to our vet for a puppy exam. This visit releases you from the requirement in our Purchase Agreement that the puppy goes to the vet within 5 business days (Terms and Conditions, item #2). The puppy also receives its 9 week vaccination while at the trainer’s. There are two options for puppy training: $500 ~ This includes crate/house training and walking on a loose leash (Manners). This plan allows for you to take one private training session with your puppy […]
- Newby BloggerThis is my first blog ever but I think it will be a great place to catch everyone up on what is happening with our Goldendoodles here at Hummingbird Hill Farm. Our mother Goldendoodle dogs have all decide to cycle at once so we have a lot of upcoming Goldendoodle puppies, Miniature Poodle puppies and Standard Poodle puppies due between now and April. The Goldendoodle pups that are due range in size from miniature to standard. The Miniature Poodle pups will be borderline Toys and we are hoping to keep some MIniature Poodles (females) from crosses to JP as he is going on 13 years old ! The Standard Poodle pups will be moyen insize (Registered as Standard Poodles but only weighing 35-45 lbs avg). Please take a look at our Available and Upcoming Puppies page. There you will find what puppies we have available and what upcoming litters that we are expecting. Our website is updated multiple times per week and the date of the editing is located at the bottom of each page. Thanks for reading […]
- Times are certainly changing !!Wow, even things have changed on the farm with social distancing and all the other related Covid-19 changes to everyone’s lives. (The Goldendoodles, Miniature Poodles and Standard Poodles are all still happy and enjoying the warmer weather. Social distancing is not in their vocabulary !) We have tried to limit visitors as much as possible. We no longer shake your hand when you come or hug you when you pick up your puppy. Weather permitting, we are even doing pick ups outside instead of instead of in our home. I have been off for going on 3 weeks now and it has allowed me to keep our listing of Goldendoodle puppies and Standard Poodle puppies (Moyen) up to date. Our Upcoming Puppies page is also up to date with two litters of Miniature Poodle puppies due later this month. You actually might notice a lot of upcoming litters of Goldendoodle pups and Miniature Poodle pups arriving in the near future. This is because of the “dormitory effect”. When female dogs are housed […]
- To crate train or not to crate train ?This subject is brought up at almost every puppy pick up ! We are advocates of crate training. A crate gives your dog a place of their very own. Sometimes they want a break from “their people” and a crate/cage gives them this safe place. Around 10:00 PM every night, my Miniature Poodle will hop off my lap and go to bed in his crate ! If I say “Kennel up”, my dogs run to their crates and wait for the treat they know is coming. (David says not to give them a treat every time they go in their crates as they will expect it. I say give them a treat. I am not sure why it matters if they expect it or not !?!) If you choose not to crate train, you will need to have a means to confine the puppy to a very small area particularly after they eat. If they have free rein of the house, they will sneak off and potty and you will struggle to get them house trained. There are many articles on the internet that will guide you in how to house train. Find one that works for you […]
- Puppy Training ~ On Line !We are super excited to share that we have found an amazing online training option for all of our puppy families. BAXTER & Bella’s exclusive online puppy school has agreed to now offer our families an instant 25% savings off of their Lifetime Unlimited Membership! USE OUR UNIQUE DISCOUNT CODE: HHF25 In short, their easy-to-use and fun-to-follow online dog training program provides everything you will need in order to successfully train your new puppy and achieve better animal ownership and experience the very best in canine companionship! Inclusive of more than 75 lessons, over 100 how-to videos, printable chart & checklists, as well as lifetime access to so many other supporting resources, their team of puppy parenting professionals are committed to helping you successfully integrate your new canine companion into your life, family and home, and they even include unlimited one-on-one video-enabled video coaching, phone calling, events, classes and courses too! You can […]
© 2023 Copyright Hummingbird Hill Farms.